Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Golden Ratio

I loved last week's lecture on mate selection and attractiveness. Now I know where the rating on a scale from 1-10 comes from. It is called the Golden Ratio and it refers to face symmetry. Another cool thing I learned is that a woman's voice changes during her monthly cycle, most attractive being during her ovulation...of course:-)

Lots of studying going on lately, which means I have been stressed out. Finals are next Thursday and Friday. I hate exams. I will be so extremely happy next weekend when it is all OVER, forever! In grad school I will finally study only what is directly related to my dream career. And at the same time, to everyday life and relationships.

Relationships. A topic I never knew if I liked or hated. Lately it seems I have heard from so many people about their pessimism about relationships because so many people cheat on each other, or do other things that break hearts and cause breakups. I could easily fall into the category of not trusting anyone and expecting nothing.I learned a while ago that high expectations are more hurtful than beneficial. Thinking of that, I fall into the category of trusting but not expecting (which is huge because it used to be hard to trust people). At least right now. I don't want to be disappointed with people. I know what I want and there is no reason for me not to get that. I have found my self respect and that has kept me from settling for anything less than I wish for. In the past I didn't believe I could get what I wanted. But lately, I believe that I have that power. I feel happy. I feel lucky. I am thankful that what I wanted is part of my life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment