Thanks to Scott, I was introduced to the best cooking book out there. I did purchase Julia Child's book as well after we saw the movie, and I must say that what we made was absolutely amazing! BUT, Joy Of Cooking has more than one type of cousine. The soups and the risotto for example are all just phenomenal. And so I decided to go get myself a copy as well. Everyone in the Markland family has it and they all make and like good food:-) And now, that I just go to school, I will use my free time to try out new recipes and please a few stomachs:-)
On another note, another person lost it and flew his plane into a building here in Austin. Sad. But oh well, people need to stop freaking out, there were less lives lost than in a major motor vehicle accident. This happens. That is life, nobody said we were all going to be saved from all bad. Take it in and move on. I remember when I was 11 years old, I was in the middle of my tennis match and all of a sudden black smoke is coming up in the air. Everyone in our club stopped what we were doing, left the club to walk down less than half a kilometer to a hotel that was actually on fire. We were standing on the bottom of the hotel, looking up, watching helpless people on the top floors laying themselves over the windows, unable to escape because the fire started in the lower levels and as it was going up, the top floors cut off exits for those trapped up there. There were a few that took the chance and jumped off...and didn't make, if you have ever seen Hotel Olympic, you would know it would be impossible to survive that. I was quite young when this happened and I never thought about it again, I remembered of course, but never gave this any more thought. But that did change a little yesterday as I once again witnessed a building burn down in a matter of minutes while I sat at a light on 360 and 183. In a matter of a moment, these people's lives were threatened and their way of thinking changed, their appreciation for life and happiness must have been altered. Mine has been as well. What was my family to me got broken apart so fast that I am still trying to find peace with it. Life goes on, I will be fine, I AM fine. But Lord, life can change so fast, it is so unpredictable. THAT is something I never liked about life. However, I do appreciate it. I do know something good is coming to me again.
Progress
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment