Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

WHAT???

Sometimes I think that I seriously don't fit in with all these undergrads. A guy comes to class, sits next to me and says "What's up homeslice?"....ummm, WHAT??? Students in this particular class are on average 4 years younger than me. I probably look just as young but this kind of language is quite unfamiliar to me, especially when we are talking about male-female conversation. Yes, I was quite in a shock to hear this "hello". Culture is quite diverse...my significant encounter with a different culture was last year when I was around Persian community, people born and raised in Iran. Wow. My absolutely biggest memory? When a guy said that for partners to physically hurt each other is only an expression of testing each other's love. WHAT??? Seriously, I could not believe that. Another time, there was a guy that told me he would never care to meet the parents before marriage because his parents wouldn't care to meet his gf either...yeah, I want to see you meeting that person who would be okay with that and not wonder about your family dynamics. One can never think of others as they think of themselves. All I can really wish for is to be accepted, understood and respected for my values and personal standards...

No comments:

Post a Comment