So, I have been accepted and have already registered for classes. Full time school and full time work...what can I say, I am SCARED! But, I am so excited to finally study only what I am interested in, which I think will make it much easier for me despite the fact I will have little time to sleep, work out and eat, being gone between 8am and 11pm. However, I am very happy that I have the opportunity to pursue my dream career and in a few years be financially very independent. Now, I am too, but I am poor and have school loans to pay and I am not the one to be okay having outstanding balance with any place. Two nights ago I broke down in tears. Why? Because when I gave up my job to return back to school full time, I expected to be better off financially when I finish, but the reality is the opposite. I make less money and could not find a job related to my degree or study, instead I am looking at 40 va***as a day! I do enjoy my job for the most part, but to be completely honest, there are many times I feel nauseaus or disgusted by what I saw. Doctors have a butcher mentality, but that is hard for me to adopt and with all my empathy, I want to cry with each patient every time I hear their cervix being clipped off for a biopsy....I know, and I remind myself, I need to be thankful to have A job. And I am. But it has been hard to hide the dissapointment that I feel at the same time.
About 2 minutes ago I received an email from a reporter asking me for a photo to be attached to my article that I wrote two weeks ago for a Czech magazine. How cool!!!!
Onto another subject, next week Scott and I are going to Mexico for 4 days over Thanksgiving. I am so excited, especially because I have never been to Mexico! We will be staying with a friend and we used miles for our flights so this is the cheapest vacation one could ever take! I need few days off so bad, work has been crazy. Sure it is great for the doctor's pocket, but makes no difference for me in that regard, only adds more work:-( But my performance review went well and they like me so that is something I must value considering both of my bosses are women.
Progress
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment